We're sorry, to use this web app your browser needs to support
Elliptical Marquee Tool
If the editor launch was blocked by your browser consider adding gifgit.com to your browser safe popup list.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome menu. (⋮ button at top right of browser).
- Click Settings.
- Expand the Advanced menu then select the Privacy and Security in the sidebar.
- Click Site Settings then Pop-ups and redirects.
- Under Allow click the Add button.
- Enter gifgit.com in the dialog and press Add.
Output file of project:
About the Elliptical Marquee Tool
Using the Elliptical Marquee Tool
- Upload an image using the form above.
- Use the tool options tab to select a perfect circle or elliptical shape.
- Press the mouse and drag to draw the selection, the selection is completed when the mouse is released.
How the Elliptical Marquee Works
Choosing the Elliptical MarqueeTo activate the elliptical marquee tool in the editor click the tool icon in the toolbar. The elliptical marquee tool icon is an ellipse with a dashed line border. Activating the tool loads the tool options bar with the settings for the elliptical marquee.
Creating the Elliptical SelectionYou create the elliptical selection by drawing it over the area you want to select. Again, like the rectangular marquee tool, you simply click in the image to set the beginning point for the shape then drag until it reaches the desired dimensions for coverage.
The default drawing mode for the elliptical marquee tool is to draw an ellipse or oval. In this mode the marquee tool will create an ellipse that fills the rectangular shape you draw when you click, drag then release the mouse.
If you wish to create a perfectly circular selection change the constraints to tool option to circular. This create a circular selection using one side of the rectangle you draw when you click and drag in the image.
For all drawing modes, whether elliptical or circular, you can choose to draw from the center by checking the centered checkbox in the tool options bar. When this is checked the selection will expand outward radially from the point you click in the image to where you release.
Feature Rich Online Image Editor
|Browser based editing (No software download)||Yes||Yes|
|Layer Masks (Non-Destructive Editing)||Yes||No|
|Undo History List||Yes||No|